Cultural Competency: Fridays September 16-30, 9:00-12:00
The training is approximately 9 hours in length and was designed to be taught online using online meeting/webinar platforms;
This Training will be taught in three 3-hour sessions;
The presentation will meet ADA compliance;
Peer-to-peer discussion, video presentations, and other interactive components are incorporated throughout the training;
Use of an online format such as Zoom will allow instructors to form small groups to allow for peer-to-peer discussion, private questions to the instructor, and video presentation.
The course instructor is a knowledgeable and experienced public health advocate of Cultural Competency that meets all requirements set forth by the State Board of Health.
1. Deploy best practice approaches towards providing quality care for all groups to ensure that all individuals have access to culturally and linguistically appropriate care in a timely manner.
2. Mitigate personal barriers to cultural competency and be able to reflect and adapt purposeful patient interactions.
3. Address health inequities and barriers to carefound in different groups to improve patientcare outcomes.
4. Implement identity and intersectionality as ameans of understanding others to improvequality of care.
5. Describe the difference between conscious and unconscious biases and understand how they can lead to poor health outcomes for patients.
6. Understand cultural competency, awareness, and humility and the applicability of these concepts tothe medical facilities, facilities for the dependent, and other facilities defined in NRS Statute 449.
7. Establish and bolster welcoming and safe environments within their respective facilities.
8. Understand assumptions and myths of various concepts and groups detailed in the presentation. Be able to identify these issues in the health care setting and mitigate these issues.
Health care providers and employees at licensed health care facilities
9 hours (3 3-hour sessions)
CME Accreditation (Credits available for additional $10.00 purchase)
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and Nevada Primary Care Association. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine designates this live for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All presenters, planners or anyone in a position to control the content of this continuing medical education activity have indicated that neither they nor their spouse/legally recognized domestic partner has any financial relationships with commercial interests related to the content of this activity.
Sep 16 - 30th, 2022
Fri for 3 weeks from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
For more info, call us at 775-507-4022